Eyelash Extension 101
Eyelash extensions have taken the beauty industry by storm and we aren’t complaining! Being able to go swimming without worrying up racoon eyes is the dream. Hate wearing mascara or have short, barely-there lashes? You’ll love eyelash extensions just as we do. If you don’t know very much about eyelash extensions, that’s ok, we have you covered.
What Are They
Eyelash extensions are synthetic lashes applied individually to your real lashes, allowing them to appear longer, thicker, and more voluminous similar to the hair extension process. They last an average of three weeks and come in a variety of lengths and curves that give you a unique eyelash experience.
The application process for eyelash extensions varies depending on where you go, but most places will have the same general process – you’ll lay down on a bed-like chair and close your eyes so your esthetician can safely tape your bottom lashes down, so they don’t get in the way during the application process. Then, your esthetician will begin the application process, applying the eyelash extensions individually to your real lashes with an adhesive over a 2-hour time period.
After your appointment, you’ll want to refrain from getting your eyelashes wet for 24-48 hours but after that you can resume your typical daily activities – washing your face, showering, exercising.
- Use the spooly your esthetician gives you to comb your lashes if they get tangled
- Do not use mascara! One of the benefits of eyelash extensions is no longer having to use mascara, but people will still apply mascara which can ruin the eyelash extensions
- Avoid steam rooms and excessivley hot showers - they can ruin the the eyelash extensions
- Don't rub or pull at your lashes - this is to avoid pulling them out and will extend their lifespan
- Don't use oil-based makeup removers on your lashes
- Use our at home eyelash cleansing kit daily by My Brand Lashes to thoroughly cleanse the eye area without jeopardizing the adhesive and minimize any risk for eye infection - our take home kit is higly recommended.
To book your eyelash extension appointment at our Quincy location, please call us today (617) 770-7770.